Foreign National Loans

The Foreign National Loans Program allows non-citizen borrowers the opportunity to invest in real estate in the United States. We offer a wide range of mortgage programs with excellent options for foreign investors who want to take advantage of the hot rental markets or own vacation property.

Whether you are buying an investment property or a second home, we’ve got you covered. We pride ourselves on our competitive rates and flexible mortgage programs, contact us right away for a free consultation.


Loan Features:

  • Excellent mortgage rates.
  • No US credit required.
  • Purchase, refinance, and cash-outs available.
  • Loans of up to 70%-80% of the property value or contract price.

Non-U.S. Required Documents

  • A valid foreign passport
  • A current foreign address
  • Income documentation
  • Bank statements and reference letters
  • Income verification letter
  • Bank statement and down payment source
  • 6 to 12 months reserves (savings above your down payment)
What are some types of Foreign National or ITIN Mortgages?
  • Bank Statement Loans for self-employed borrowers or those unable to provide a W-2 form
  • Non-US citizens who cannot prove their income
  • Debt Service Coverage Ratio (DSCR) Loans for investment homes or income-producing properties
  • Jumbo and Super Jumbo Loans with higher mortgage amounts
  • Fixed and Adjustable Rate Loans with terms of 3 to 30 years
  • Loans for borrowers with no credit scores or nonprime credit
  • Asset based loans that require cash reserves but not proof of income
Who are Foreign National or ITIN Mortgages for?
  • Non US-citizens who have an ITIN (Individual Taxpayer Identification Number) –  an ITIN is issued by the IRS to those who are required to have U.S. identification for tax purposes but are not eligible to obtain a SSN
  • Non-US citizens who cannot prove their income
  • Non-US citizens looking to invest in the United States
  • Non-US citizens looking for a vacation property in the United States
  • Snowbirds looking to spend their winters in the United States


Foreign National Loan Application

Foreign National Loan Program

Foreign National Loan Program FAQs

What are the best areas for investing?

Overall, the best rental market in Florida depends on your personal preferences, needs, and budget. It is advisable to research the different areas, rental rates, and amenities before deciding. Some of the popular rental markets in Florida include Miami, Orlando, Tampa, Jacksonville, and Fort Lauderdale. However, there are hidden gems like Venice, Marco Island, and St. Pete.

Can a foreign national get a mortgage in Florida?

Yes, there are generally two ways to go about this. If you own property in your own country, you can choose to refinance that property to buy a house in the USA. Generally, property values are higher in countries such as Canada, and many people can pay for their property in full by refinancing and taking out equity from their Canadian home. However, there is also the option to qualify for a loan in the USA even if you do not live in the USA. We use all the information from your own country to qualify you. Contact us for more information.

Will I need a US bank account?

You may not necessarily need a US bank account but having one can make the process easier and more convenient.

If you are using a US-based lender to obtain financing, we will likely require you to have a US bank account for the transfer of funds and mortgage payments. Also, having a US bank account can make it easier to pay for expenses related to your home purchase, such as closing costs and property taxes.

Do I need an ITIN to buy property in the USA?

In general, if you are a non-resident alien selling, you will likely need to apply for an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) when you sell your property to pay any necessary taxes. You may want to consider consulting with a tax professional who can provide guidance specific to your situation.

Do I need a Visa?

As a Canadian (or citizen of another country) making passive rental income in the USA you do not need a visa. However, if you plan to stay in the US long-term and manage many rentals, you may be eligible for an E-2 treaty investor visa, which would allow you to manage a US business, and would allow your family to work and study in the US. There are many benefits to having a visa that allows you to live in the US with less restrictions, and you may want to consider a consultation with an immigration lawyer to see what your options are.

Will I need to show proof of the COVID-19 vaccine?

No, as of May 19, 2023, the US is no longer requiring proof of the COVID-19 vaccine for foreign nationals to travel to the US.

Do foreign nationals pay US income taxes?

Yes, you will have to pay taxes on your rental income. There are different ways to structure your ownership of the property to minimize the tax implications.